So, to summarize yesterday:
- The US still have a President who supports marriage and gender equality (and its first out senator!).
- Us ignorant Euopeans can mix up Washington, D.C. and Washington again, since they have one more thing in common now.
- Minnesota refuses to be narrowed down (and, on the keyword of “Minne”, Brangäne and Isolde might be looking at a vacation home up there)
- Maryland acquired a gender-neutral second ‘r’.
- Swan Queen can officially get hitched in Storybrook.
- Also, as an European addendum: the French government put gender-neutral marriage laws on the agenda today; parlamental hearings to start in January 2013. It’s not perfect (especially for rainbow families), but it’s a start, evidenced by the fact that Catholic officials are already predicting the doom of civilization. I would recommend them to take a look South to Spain, where seven years of marriage equality have not led to a return of the Pleistocene.
- Also yesterday, Spain’s Constitutional Court, after seven years, finally declared the Spanish gender-neutral marriage law as irrevocably constitutional, rebutting a 2005 complaint from the Conservative Party.
Full of bright hope?
Dizzying and, somehow, just so, so swoon-worthy? (also, let me work in that leather coat at this point).
If that isn’t some Fassbaender Rosenkavalier down to a “t”, I don’t know what is.